Powered by Blogger.
iTunes & App Store
Latest News

gabrielle union supports rhianna's video..."i tried to shoot my rapist" she says

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 , Posted by HTMZ.COM at 12:40 PM

Although Rihanna was criticized for her "Man Down" video by the Parents Television Council, rape survivor Gabrielle Union has come out in support of the clip and even shared her own story saying, "I tried to shoot my rapist." Deets inside....

After Gabrielle Union asked her twitter followers for ideas on combating violence against women and kids, a fan asked her how she felt about Rihanna's "Man Down" video. The actress responded by sharing a very personal story about her own rape and revealed that she tried to shoot her rapist.
According to E!, Gabrielle first tweeted:
"I haven't seen it yet. I'll let everyone know my thoughts on it when I do."
After watching the video, she tweeted a few days later:
"Saw 'Man Down' by @rihanna. Every victim/survivor of rape is unique, including how they THINK they'd like justice 2 be handed out. During my rape I tried 2 shoot my rapist, bt I missed. Over the yrs I realized tht killin my rapist would've added insult 2 injury. The DESIRE 2 kill someone whose abused/raped u is understandable, bt unless its self defense n the moment 2 save ur life, just ADDS 2 ur troubles #mandown."
After fans began to share messages of support with Gabrielle, she spoke a little more about the rape saying
"Stranger who robbed the store I worked at," she said, identifying her rapist. "He put his gun dwn durin the rape & asked me 2 [hand] it 2 him."
Speaking in support of the video, she added,
"#Mandown video did a GREAT job of getting the ENTIRE world TALKING abt RAPE. I hope tht it leads 2 HEALING & PREVENTS RAPE."
Gabrielle was very brave to share her story. Do you think the "Man Down" video will have a positive impact despite all the negative criticism it's receiving?



Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment